Friday, December 11, 2009

Super Duper Slapshot

It was easy to criticize Pascal Dupuis for his inability to score goals last season. Fun, too. But he's worked hard to improve his scoring, and it shows in the 2009-10 season. During the December 10 game against the Montreal Canadiens, it was none other than Dupuis who scored the game-winning goal, a killer slapshot. Over at Pensburgh, we joked about him having hand-reattachment surgery. It seems to have paid off!

This happens to be what I drank that night. I combined cinnamon schnapps and hot coffee simply because I was cold even in my burqa-fit powder blue jersey, flannel penguin-printed pajama pants, and fluffy panda slippers. (Sometimes you have to pick comfort over style, and oh, I'd made my choice.) This is a little harsh, but not at all bad. In fact, I thought it was pretty decent. Like Duper's slapshot, it gave this Penguins fan exactly what I needed.

Super Duper Slapshot

1 ounce cognac

1 ounce cinnamon schnapps

brewed black coffee

dash of cinnamon

sugar or Splenda to taste

Pour cognac and schnapps into coffee cup; stir. Fill cup with black coffee. Add cinnamon and sugar if desired; stir again.

No comments:

Post a Comment